Thursday, June 24, 2010

David Platt, John Piper and Francis Chan - Good Reads

Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream
“Sometimes people will commend a book by saying, ‘You won’t want to put it down.’ I can’t say that about this book. You’ll want to put it down, many times. If you’re like me, as you read David Platt’s Radical, you’ll find yourself uncomfortably targeted by the Holy Spirit. You’ll see just how acclimated you are to the American dream. But you’ll find here another Way, one you know to be true, because you’ve heard it before in the words of the Lord Jesus, perhaps most forcefully in the simple call ‘Follow me.’”Don't Waste Your Life—Russell D. Moore, dean, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary 

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless GodRadical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream is on my list to read.  It is a book that will make up a trilogy of books two of which are written by other authors.  John Piper's Don't Waste Your Life which was a life changing book for me when I first read it about 3 years ago.  The other is Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan, that I read about 3 weeks ago.  Chan's book was not as in your face as Piper's but none the less moving.  These three books should be required reading.  They are not long or hard to read.  Go for it.

No comments: